5/8/10

Crazy Stuff I'll Do for (Almost) Free: Substitute Teaching Edition

I picked up a sub job last week for Monday through Wednesday.  Monday through Wednesday turned into Monday through Friday.  This has now extended into two weeks, and will possibly extend through the end of the year.

I picked up a Middle School Resource Cross Categorical teaching position, and am co teaching a Language Arts class.

Basically, I am in charge of helping the supported education kids who are mixed into a regular education classroom.  By law, the amount of supported ed kids in a regular ed classroom is not to exceed 30%.  In all of my classes we are pushing 50%.  This is ridiculous and against the law.

Needless to say, I have A LOT of work to do.

If this job gets extended through the end of the year, then my pay increases substantially.  This would be great because I am already doing so much more than would usually be requested of a sub: grading papers, meeting with other teachers about students, and also making up alternate tests.  Additionally, I have been given a lot more responsibilities with this position.  More on that later...

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is really cool Andrea - I hope it works out to keep this job for more long-term!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...