4/28/10

No Sub Plans? No Problem!

Today I was teaching a first grade class and there were no sub plans.  Zip.  Nada.  5 - 5 = 0.

So... I had to make do by scrapping together what little information I had:  yesterday's schedule on the board and a practically empty lesson plan book.  Luckily my students were really helpful and I'm good at getting information out of them without letting on how clueless I actually am.   Plus I am also the best substitute teacher in the entire world (see this post.)

I had to make do here and there (I couldn't get the smart board working because I had no idea how to connect it to the computer - technology: not my forte) and so I pulled out some good old fashioned flashcards I keep which have famous landmarks on them, and went through those...

I had a kid call the house in which the president lives The White Castle.  I can see how this might be confusing.



I held up a card with Mount Rushmore on it, and several kids started shouting "Oh The Flintstones, The Flintstones!"   Although this is quite a clever assertion, I fail to see the resemblance:




Well, I had a lot of fun today, to say the least!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...