10/7/11

Spooky Bird Plates for Halloween

The latest issue of Country Living Magazine features a display of stenciled bird plates.  I love birds, I love Halloween, I love fancy china, and I love copying ideas.  So I made my own.

Love the gold design!



This craft was super easy to make (really!) and took almost not time at all - which is good because I usually get bored and give up on projects if they take too long to complete.   I bought some glossy Martha Steward Paint, although cheap acrylic would have been fine.  Then I printed the templates out from Country Living and used them as stencils on the plates, tracing them with a pencil.  The most expensive part of the entire project was purchasing the plate holders - which at 3 bucks a pop wasn't terrible...



I plan on scraping off the paint after Halloween and painting kitschy little red Christmas designs on them.  Then I'd like to save them for my wedding, because ideally I would like to serve dinner on fancy mix matched china...
* linking up at 30 Days!
How are you getting ready for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...