8/15/11

Vintage Vanity Chair Makeover

A few weeks ago I found a couple vanity chairs at an estate sale - sans cushions.

My grandmother had a little one in her bathroom when I was young, and that was just one of the things in her farmhouse that I thought was cute.

So I sanded the rust off and spray painted them white.  Spray paint fixes anything!

Jack likes to help me craft.  Here he is being super helpful by not sitting on all my fabric!



Then came the tricky part.  I tried to make a cushion...


I think it turned out pretty cute.  I made it with all vintage fabric from various estate sales... I just love the little lacy flowers...



I did make a few mistakes... aside from not being able to sew in a circle, I decided to put a zipper in after I stuffed foam into the cover and realized there was no way I would be able to sew it shut around it.  So... I took the foam out and figured out a way to sew the zipper on last...  Didn't turn out the best, but at least it closes!  I plan on making another cover and using this one to make a pillow since I am not really happy with it as a cushion.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Jack looks so cute hiding in there! I love the lace on the cover its so sweet. I also have to make a cusion for a vanity chair and I'm not looking forward to it!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you props on the DIY project, I've finally accepted that despite being an artist I am rubbish at redoing furniture! Lovely vanity stool, will you be using it with a vintage vanity or using it for something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... good question! I'm not sure... my sister is moving to Chicago this weekend so it might be a gift for her...

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your kitty looks so adorable, that photo made my day! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooo Andrea... Thanks for your comment on my blog... I did not SEE your email to personally answer your PUMPKIN Question - SO I will now... I just used a "fake pumpkin" - that I picked up at a yard sale!!! No way was I going to spend $19.99 for a FUNKIN Experiment!!! Good Luck...
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...