A few weeks ago I found a couple vanity chairs at an estate sale - sans cushions.
My grandmother had a little one in her bathroom when I was young, and that was just one of the things in her farmhouse that I thought was cute.
So I sanded the rust off and spray painted them white. Spray paint fixes anything!
Jack likes to help me craft. Here he is being super helpful by not sitting on all my fabric!
Then came the tricky part. I tried to make a cushion...
I think it turned out pretty cute. I made it with all vintage fabric from various estate sales... I just love the little lacy flowers...
I did make a few mistakes... aside from not being able to sew in a circle, I decided to put a zipper in after I stuffed foam into the cover and realized there was no way I would be able to sew it shut around it. So... I took the foam out and figured out a way to sew the zipper on last... Didn't turn out the best, but at least it closes! I plan on making another cover and using this one to make a pillow since I am not really happy with it as a cushion.
Thanks for visiting!