2/3/10

Good Morning, Day Off!

So this morning was one of those mornings where I thought "I really don't want to get up and go to work.  I really just want to stay home and work on my blog."  I am now officially a nerd.

One of the challenges of being a substitute teacher is that it can be so easy to make excuses not to go to work.  Even excuses like "I have to clean today" sound like good ideas and much more fun than getting up at 5:00 or 6:00 to check the online sub scheduler for jobs, pressing 'refresh' a hundred million times waiting for a job to appear, and then hoping it isn't a job at one of "thooooose schools" where you really don't have fun working and the high schoolers tell you mean stuff like how much you look like Baxter from Arthur (sigh*).

So that is exactly what I thought this morning;  "I can't work today, my blog and the dishes piled up in the sink are much much more important."

On another note, here's another pretty picture of the amaryllis we grew in our apartment this January:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...